These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Friday, February 17, 2012

You Can't Go On


You said to me you can't go on
Living this life this dream
All these years leading me to believe
That it was always me
That I was the one who let you down
Now I find out I was wrong
All this wasted time
When it was you who couldn't belong
To this love I thought we shared
Why did you let it go for so long?
What was it that you gained?
When deep in your heart you deceive
Knowing you had longing to be free
It’s all my fault
Was I just too blind to see?
Following my heart
Letting it lead me to you
Thinking you were the only one
To receive my love
Now the days turn to dust
And these lonely tears I shed
Leave the tracks of heart break and rust
Can there be a future untold
Some possibility to mend my soul
To find a love that will love me back
Is there time to find it?
Time to sew and reap the happiness
That should have been by my side
All this time
All these years you lead me to believe
Living this life this dream
Before you said you didn't belong
Still hearing those fateful words
When you said to me you can't go on
(By Roelin Davis 2/17/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment