These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm not the cheating kind

day or night they all come to me
holding their hearts in their hands
always crying on my shoulder
telling me about how they hurt them
because they feel I'm their only friend

one by one they come knowing
that they are safe here with me
that they can tell me all they want
and I'll be here listening to what they say
because i really want to help them

hoping one day that they will finally see me
not just as something or someone to run to
to get away and flee from their demons
the ones that chase them from him and into my arms
you know they know where they run to

but they don't want to talk about it
they even turn their heads when i see them
they know I'm not the cheating kind
some kind of friend when they shun me
must be hard to come terms with shame inside

but it's hard for me to find someone
that would understand how they need me
somehow i feed them with what they need
to survive for just a little bit longer
to stretch my insanity to it's limits

never knowing any love for myself
and when i get a chance to explain it
they'll never understand
the jealousy over runs them
a woman can't be friends with a man
and keep it strictly platonic, it's not in them

but I'm here to say
it's been happening to me, all of my life
sharing thoughts beyond a simple hello
giving comfort whenever i can
being there for when they need me
lending a friendly helping hand

not wanting anything in underlying returns
just wanting to see them smile
turning that frown upside down
hearing them just let go
of the things that make them cry

No comments:

Post a Comment