These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Leading Me To Your Light




Woke up this morning feeling like
the world around me became so heavy
This life I’ve lead catching up to me
The burden of its weight too hard to bear
Seems like I’ll never be free

You were like a light in my storm
Showing me the way from my own doom
Saving me from own destruction
Guiding me with your salvation
Didn't know it was a trap to deceive me
Affairs of the heart are always like that

All of my life I dreamed for it
For a love that would love me back
Too desperate to wait for it
I would jump right in
Every one always a test
But I kept holding on
Hoping for the best

In my mind not knowing for sure
Did I ever find it did I find love
This heart of mine has grown so cold
Over time it’s been hurt too much
Is too late for it thaw
I gotta let down all these walls

But you see it’s so hard for me
So many times I’ve been deceived
I hate that cupid I hate destiny
The only thing they ever brought me
Is a lifetime of sorrow and grief
Forcing me to live a life full of lies

Why can't I ever be the one
To feel what it’s like to feel joy
I hate who I am I hate what I do
I got one single chance
Just one in my life
Could it be you?

I gotta find love to save my soul
I gotta take a chance
A chance on you

You could be all that’s left
The one and only true romance
Guiding me to my salvation
Leading me to your light
The one I’ve been waiting on
In the darkness you are my sun

(By Roelin Davis 2/21/2012 all rights reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment