These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Saturday, February 18, 2012

We Deserve A Chance To Survive


Feeling like I keep going in circles
In your pool of what you call love
So tired of swimming against the flow
Guess maybe I’ll just give in
Give up against your storm
Cuz I can't win

I've tried to show you how I feel
So many times
But the tide you bring
Won't listen to reason why
My sounds drowned out by your wind
Always breaking upon my crown

Never knowing what love awaits
You're too over powering to hesitate
Releasing the turbulence that is you
If you could only feel the sand at your feet
Stop and wonder at the world around you

Maybe then you could see
What surrounds you
Discover all the possibilities
Maybe let my love
Shine down upon you

Ya I have survived in your shadow
For what seems an eternity
Waiting for you lift the darkness
Opening your eyes
Letting the light show you the way

I believe that we share
A bond beyond all measure
We deserve a chance to survive
Our lives are too precious
Our love is our treasure

Oh I believe in you
Look in to your heart
You know you can feel it
You know it is true
Hold out your lonely hand
Take mine and I’ll comfort you

Let this love grow
Clear away the darkness
Turn the sky so blue
Look into my eyes
Darling forever I love you

(By Roelin Davis 2/18/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment