These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

All Around Me Like Ghosts

I woke up yesterday
not knowing what today would bring
yes we've had better times
but this time I think its all come undone
just waiting for it to spring up in my face
just because I couldn't agree to let you go
you wanted to fool around and eat your cake too

This old house creaks way too much
you should know by now you can't sneak in
past the hour most people go to sleep
fumbling with your keys
the neighbors are starting to talk

Why couldn't we just end it like adults
now we have to go through the ropes
I find myself struggling to get through all these emotions
never mind the good times that we shared
I couldn't even remember if I tried
just want to get it over so I can cry
these tears they keep falling and i know why

This valley in my heart
it's river running red, it's running wide
my soul seeping all the trust I gave unto you
how can I even pretend it's alright anymore
your blade still hanging from my back
beyond my reach to pull it out

Slipping away, I can feel you slipping away
running through my fingers like the sands of time
no matter how much I try I can't stop them
falling to the ground, scattering in the wind
we're turning to dust, our love turning to dust
the color of rust stains our relationship
there's no turning back now that we've lost the trust

Sitting here in the dark
I can see everything with out any light
the memory of you all around me like ghosts
looming in every room so plain to see
I can't stay here, I guess I'll have to leave

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 8/22/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment