These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Don't Try and Change Me Please

So many things I have on my list
too many to remember some I miss
some I just cant get off my lips
in my minds eye
I still see you standing there
I try to look away
as if I didn't care
but we both know I did

I can't explain
why I felt like it was the thing to do
perhaps too many years I spent with you
in my heart I knew what you would do
to turn me around never let me go

I have to get away
I have to get away
from you and this town
before the both of you bring me
bring me down
ya before the both of you bring me down
oh...oh...bring me down

Now the road I'm on has been long and hard
the trials sometimes tricky as they test me
they try to break my crown all day long
frustrated they resent me all over again
time to move on
ya time to move on

On and on
it seems like the same old song
I keep hearing them
the voices calling me
from deep down inside me
whats going on
I need some one
to hold my hand and tell me its okay

Funny how all these roads
want to turn me around
one big old u turn
their circle is round
back to my old home town
where I remember having fun
all summer long
ya...ya...ya..all summer long
wasn't it fun

The trouble we got into
seems so innocent to what we now know
the world was so big now its small
but we might as well be worlds away
for you see there's separation when we play
these silly love games

So I'll try and walk tall
while we play these silly love games
I'll try and walk tall when i see you
I'll try and not fall when i see you
when we play these silly love games

Why don't you be a man
take me as I am
don't try and change me
to want you want me to be
the more you hold on to me
the more I want to be free

Don't try and change me please
don't try and change me please
don't try and change me please

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 7/26/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment