These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Holiday

What this day means to me
isn't what you would think it would be
I lived this life with so much sorrow
living in the time I have as the hour passes by
not looking ever looking towards tomorrow

Well I've been kicked when I was already down
but that seems like its not quite ever enough
all my dreams stripped from me in my youth
for standing tall and telling the truth
I can scream but no one wants to listen to my side
they all would rather believe in lies

So I have learned to keep to myself
my poor heart hasn't felt love in too many years
oh to feel the simple thing like a hug
but I was cast away by the system thugs
torn down to nothing in the name of God

They all want to make me their prey
seems that there's more justification for their jobs
too blind or full in disconcert
they're living on a tax payers silver spoon
so they don't really care
only bothered by my replies

my plea is never heard
their ears shut closed don't you see
I don't know if i can be any lesser of a man
not much choice as they crush me as far as they can go
they only want one thing from me
but it's them who's hurt me so

They don't want the possibility
that I cant get myself free
they fear it they may lose their job security
so they pass laws illegally from all to see
all to keep me down in poverty
then sit back and reign in sovereignty

There no chance to see my children
there were stripped from my arms early on
all in the name of justice
while they drained my bank accounts
then they have the nerve to say to me
I cant afford to be their dad

They take away the only way
to keep my head above the grade
suspend my driving license to teach me my place
then say I have to get a job
when they took the last one away
they label me and treat me like sub-human
all the while calling me a dead-beat dad
using me and my like just to get the public appeal
meanwhile hiding all the wrong they impale

Its been so long since I've sen my child
allowed to be brainwashed by the custodial
there no hope they will ever remember me
all in cahoots with the District attorney
their master plan to drive me into poverty
and call me..... dead beat dad !

(by Roelin Davis 7/4/2012 all right reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment