These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This Thing That You Call Love


You know, you know
Baby you know, Baby you know
its too late, we're too far gone
this time its for real, my heart you did steal
its all over the floor, my blood you did spill
this is it, ya this is it, it's finally come
my soul is undone, you've finally won
in the game of love, ya in the game of love
no one wins when one of you sin
leading the other one on
like there's still hope to save what began
so, so long ago, when we first met
when i fell in love with you
ya when i looked into your eyes
and what a surprise
i could see my future within them
so i did thought with the signs you gave me
that something stirred inside to greet me
instead time would only deceive me
leave me cold and yearning for love
when it wasn't you that would give it
and now there's this other guy
always calling on the phone
even daring to knock on our home
coming by when I'm not there
when i have to leave and trust you
and hurts me so when i know
it's not me you're giving your love to
Darling what did he promise you
that I'm not providing too
or is your heart so cold
it doesn't matter where it comes from
as long as you get yours
this time its all on you
the consequences you'll answer to
knowing you cant look me in the eye
honey you know the truth hurts
more than any old lie that you adhere too
it's time to pay the piper
cuz this thing that you call love has died

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 5/15/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment