These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Love in Little Bits to Feed Them


I lost my heart
oh not because i had to
and not because it was old and feeble
i lost a little piece here, a little piece there
even though i struggled to save them
they were slowly torn away
sometimes they just finally fell off
other times they were yanked off intentionally
in either case they hurt so profoundly
others were just so numb i didn't notice the notch it left
i felt the pain at first in most cases
some i endured throughout it's processes
i could feel my inner happiness slowly fade away
it was something that came at me in many levels
it's still something that leaves me even today
i don't feel them re-filling their spaces
but i live my life hoping they rest in peace
my dreams are riddled with their despair
leaving me feel helpless as they disappear
awaking my sleep with sweat and tears
and i go on trying to fill my day
trying to forget what's brought me here
but it's hard and harder to lie to myself
because my soul is scratching to get out
it can't stand or handle the constrictions
knowing what i do is killing it too
maybe it's time to cast in my dime
and pretend it all going to be alright
pray for it to end and hope for a restart
then maybe it will finally have a chance to heal
leaving this earth for those who will steal
love in little bits to feed them !

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 5/9/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment