These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Aftermath


Well it's happening again
my life seems to be set on repeat
it doesn't matter what i believe
there doesn't seem to be relief
from all these lies and deceit

Why do they have to hurt me so
when all i give is what i know
they just take all that they can
and then they want to leave
with my heart laid out in their hands

My soul exposed to this hell
tormented pleasure with extremes
they all start out oh so well
then they fall in to the doom
it's all become a swirling mixed up world

And I'm caught up in the aftermath
trying to decide if it was even worth my time
to let someone in that will eventually
use what they learn and turn it back on me
just to claim they had the right along

It makes it tough to evaluate
because you thought you knew them
then it's only in the end of your long run
when you've finally come to your wits end
that's the time when they'll show their true face

So you're left in the dark in the cold place
all alone waiting for the new day
contemplating everything and what life is for
wondering if you'll ever love again
or if you have ever, ever loved at all

No comments:

Post a Comment