These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You Don't Want Me


You say that you want to see me
But I’m not the man I used to be
Brought down by the hands of time
Everything beyond my grasp I see

It wouldn't be fair to you to see me like this
To find out how low I have become
Just how much my life has gone so wrong
No control like a leaf on the wind
I have no roots anymore to restart
No way to begin anew

I remember the way we were way back when
The joy, the laughter, the happiness within
It sparks my heart and warms me inside
You know I cannot tell a lie
When I said those things way back when
All of it now seems like another world

But I’m not the man I used to be
Brought down by the hands of time you see
The life left in me almost drained
Living on the streets and in the rain
Sometimes I can almost see home again
All these strangers I call friends

I've strayed too far off the road
Wandering in life's cruel game
Too many people look down on me
They don't care to even look at me
It's not them that's to blame
I'm the one who gave up
When you ran away

So lift your glass and don't feel sad
Just know I’ll never be a burden to you
I don't know what god has planned
But obviously I’m on the right path
It must be what I deserve
For not listening to you
When I should of

That life we knew seems so far away
It's like a bad memory that keeps waking me
The flashes of the hopes and dreams
What was and will be never more
At least we did live them
It's the only thing that keeps me holding on
To what's left of this lonely one

Don't you see you don't want me
I'm not the man I used to be
Brought down by the hands of time
The life left in me almost drained
Living on the streets and in the rain
Sometimes I can almost see home again
All your happy faces fading way

(By Roelin Davis 3/6/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment