These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Memory Lane

Well I used to ride my bike
Or walk around my home town
Because I was too young to drive
Then I got into the skateboard craze
And there wasn't any place
You didn't find me surfing on my board
Well all those oak trees were not kind
Leaving all their acorns for my wheels to find
But I managed to get around them just fine
Me and my ol friends skating all over town
Then one day that all went away
As I finally found my first job
Working away in the heat of the day
Earning some good ol pay to buy my first car
She was dream owned by a little ol lady
Who used to cruise down the ol city drag
well there ain't no one there today
I went back there it seems so cold
Even cruising in the noon day’s sun
I don't know what went wrong over the years
So it'll have to live on in my memory lane
So my ol friends you'll all live on
In my memory lane
Yea you’ll live on
All in here on my memory lane
memory lane
memory lane
you'll all have live on
in my memory lane
(By Roelin Davis 3/25/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment