These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Saturday, August 24, 2013

What Your Love Has Done (the experiment - dual duo)


  
Light headed and in a daze
    (it's what they say about this one)
feeling the chill of this lonely place
    (rumors spreading while they're shaking)
there's nothing left here to fill my void
    (they can't help what they're spilling)
not even the sound of your voice
   (it's just how they're feeling this time)

The light of the moon moves with grace
    (not knowing which is the way to go)
from one side of the room across this space
    (which way is up or down)
it's all empty from the bottom to the top
    (when they break their crowns)
but I'm held firm i can't even move
    (jawing over me and you)
    (we know the subject is mute)

Well I've been trying to remember
    (nothing needs to be said)
what it was that could of made it all go wrong
    (and when the sun raises it's head)
i tried so hard so why don't you know
    (we know this will be the last time)
my commitment from the start
    (they will get the fuel to stave their fires)
i always thought proven so strong
    (honestly I'm quite surprised its last this long)
    (i wasn't figuring it would go on and on)

But you see, these one sided love affairs
    (all the signs you been giving in)
never sprout the way one expects or believes
    (pointed to our demise before it began)
somehow they always take the path of deceit
    (but i was willing to see where it lead)
wandering where they don't belong
    (not seeing the shortness of this future)
while still lingering on and on beneath our feet
    (laying in the rapture of the moment)
    (feeling my heart make the leap instead)


I getting tired of them, I'm getting too old and lost
    (sliding down... ya sliding down)
gonna stop running from my past so it can catch up
    (no way of turning round, no way to escape)
maybe then I'll get a chance to learn all of my lessons well
    (just maybe i don't want to)
maybe then you'll see what your love has done to me
    (maybe this is what i want, what i need)
    (so I'm asking, baby...baby please.. don't leave)

by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 8/24/2013
(inspiration from ELO - duo verses sung side by side)

No comments:

Post a Comment