These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, January 3, 2013

What Makes Them Run


What is this that we pray upon
silly little notion coveted by emotion
stray from the path then call out for help
doubt falls in and spreads about
the night comes alive with inner thought
the howls of the past loom in the dark
crouched toes gripped ready for pounce
straight for the fear it will grab it by the throat
shaken and cold running from ghosts
constantly driven away even from love
then a whisper sworn from somewhere afar
voices play tricks when the grey ever looms
bone cold the shivers climb one's spine
numbing the brain in order to blind
favoring the blackness from the light
as if forgiveness wasn't an answer to fight
nay no question was considered or even formed
just the fear that makes them all run !

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 1/3/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment