These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, January 31, 2013

She'll Never Know


Yellow hair that flows in the air
the sunshine splits its golden form
into a million billion shiny little suns
but there's no warmth under there

Only the dark that lives in the roots
and it wants to take away my heart
stow it away never let it see the light of day
keep it in a cell and throw away the key

If I want to live, I'll have to run away
flee a million billion miles one way
I'll follow the shooting stars
you know.. you know
they'll show me the way

Maybe one day I'll come on back
to this lonely old home town of mine
it's just too early to tell if I'm finally free
been running so long trying to get away

Well I met her on a Tuesday
left her on a Monday afternoon
didn't want to hurt her anymore than I had too
I stayed way too long as it was

Just no future there in her arms
I'm too damaged I said can't you see
the hands of destiny pull my strings
no one's meant for my kind of love

She tried to hold on as best as she could
her voice tearing at my soul with her calls
my name the last thing I heard on her lips
this heartache widens with every little step

The knife of my past buried in deep
I can still see her face filled with tears
how could she know that she wasn't the one
that she's not at fault for what had to be

Now she only knows how to hate
and I've finally come to realize
the past is the future she holds close
she'll never know her daddy's love

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 1/31/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment