These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Am Good Inside


Shes poised for the pain
that she knows is coming for her
in the dark of the night

It stays for a while and leaves her crying
leaving behind the memory that it will keep on calling
this life as she only knows it
such a shame the downward spiraling

So when the morning draws the light
finally she can get some long awaited sleep
but someone keeps knocking on the door

Sister Mary you cant keep hiding behind these walls
there's more to life than waiting for the night to call
cover your ears when the voices start to scream
get some sleep and dream a sweet dream of love

Well you know that life can be unfair
no one seems to care when they have fallen themselves
everyone reaching out in despair trying to grab what they can
even if it means they're gonna hurt you inside

Now she knows the pain of heartache
how it can break the walls and reach your soul
how it can bring you down to your knees
how it can make you question what to believe

Why me... why am I the only one
why do I suffer this agony... oh God
have you forsaken me... what did I do to deserve this
I know that I am good inside and I try so hard
is that my payment for being on this earth

Hush now the dawn is gone and the wind breaks free
I can feel the dusk coming the night will surely fall again
the voices will be running through my head
maybe I can hold on for just one more day
if I don't listen to them

One more...just one more day

Maybe tomorrow will set me free
from the darkness into the light
it's my soul...it's mine to keep
the voices gone...gone so I can sleep

Maybe I can hold on for just one more day
if I don't listen to them

One more...just one more day
one more...just one more day
one more...just one more day

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 1/30/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment