These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ripe for the Picking

Well its been so long since I've felt love
almost don't know if I would know how
this hardened heart of mine
been beaten down
there's not much left of it
that's worth anything

I used to be so full of joy
nothing could detour my happiness
the stars would shine and the birds would sing
the Moon always shined in my path
and the Sun always followed me
constantly casting my shadow
for me to see

then there came the time I met you
and you and you and you
too many times too count
always I thought I found true love
only to loose it each and every time
to someone else while I sat at home
waiting on them to be faithful
like me

because that's the man I am
my love comes unconditionally
I'll share it with all of my heart and soul
sometimes it scares them away I know
too much pressure I guess for them to conform
they always say they think they need to be free

but that's okay I don't need them
if that's the way they are
I would rather know now
than to live a lifetime of lies
I would rather have a true kinda love
than one that doesn't want what I have to offer
doesn't want me

I might have a hardened heart
but its tried, trued and tested
Its just waiting for the right one to come
and hold it with some loving arms

so ripe for the picking
I might be bitter sweet
you'll have to take a bite and see
I'll be faithful this I can guarantee
so take a chance on me and you'll see
what you're really missing
what a love like me can be
have you ever had one

are you a bird lost in the trees
no real home to really speak of
flying around stealing lonely hearts
hunting for your next prey
you're just looking for new things to peck on
why don't you just hurry up
and fly on

(by Roelin Davis 4/28/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment