These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Friday, January 27, 2012

On The Edge


Standing on the edge
There's only one way down
I can't go back
No not now

Grasping for the last straw
Lost my will lost it all
This shattered dream
Can't list them all
Can't resist this felling
I'm about to fall

Like the air fancy free
My life before me I do see
It's not what it's supposed to be
It's got me praying on my knees
Next time when I return
Maybe I’ll have something to believe

Whispered words with no grace
They hurt the heart and the soul
Leaves you in the rain feeling cold
Don't touch me when I’m in this place

Darkness fell with your kiss
Drove me to this black abyss
You false light never saved the day
Now the chips are where they lay

So starving for some love
Praying to the ones above
Never getting what I deserve
You make me lose my nerve
Holding on to some thread of hope
Knowing now there is no scope

Looking down there is no end
Feeling the roundness of the ledge
No way to return to the life I lead
The time to falter has done passed

Leaping head first is my path
There's only one way down
And I can't go back
No not now
There is no past

(By Roelin Davis 1/27/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment