These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Whiskey Drinks Won’t Sober Me


Whiskey Drinks Won’t Sober Me

What’s that you said to me?
I heard something else you see.
I got a knack to read between the lines,
And tonight I don’t think we will be feeling fine.

(Chorus)

Your lips were moving but I didn’t understand the words.
I’m sure you were saying something I didn't want to know.
Honey you know you can’t lie to me anymore,
Every time you make some excuse leave out that door.

(Chorus)

These little umbrellas keep piling up in front of me,
And the old bar keeps spinning around like a dream.
You haven’t a care while you screwing around out there,
The pain in my heart will heal eventually and I won’t care.


(Chorus)

 I spent too many days chasing you until I was thinking blue,
Finding you became a chore that I wouldn’t wish on you.
 If you really want to be free…cuz you don’t wanna see me,
Then baby I’m gonna show you the way and give you the key.

(Chorus)
Well these whiskey drinks won’t sober me,
I’m sick and tired of all your apologies.
You seem to have it all on your sleeve.
Don’t let the door hit in you the ass when you leave.

(By Roelin Davis 8/16/2011 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment