These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Legacy I’ll Leave For You

The Legacy I’ll Leave For You

The whole world was shoved at me,
From the day I was born until today you see.
Just how am I supposed to understand?
Why so many people need a helping hand.

Our planet cries out in agony and pain,
Everyday it's all the same we bath her in acid rain.
We distort and walk across Mother Nature’s face,
Even father time can't help to repair this holy place.

Are you proud to call yourself part of the human race?
We don't deserve to breathe atmosphere or to take up any space.
Lost in our greed our lust has lead our selfish ways.
There's no future for anyone if we don't have a place to stay.

Do you remember what foolish thing you did today?
Spinning round and round never learning from yesterday.
See the blood of your fellow man is on your shaking hands.
There's people crying out dying with no help or a master plan.

What will you say to your children that can't go out and play?
Will they ever smile knowing the warmth of a summer's day?
That we had a chance to save this world that gave us birth,
But we destroyed it for what we thought was the spoils of it's worth.

(Chorus)
Well I’m sorry children it's all become undone,
This is the legacy I’ll have to leave for you.
 It’s what survived when we don’t care what dies.
Spinning round and round not learning from our past,
It’s what happens when we don’t plan for our demise.

by Roelin Davis 08/14/2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment