These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I Hope He's Late


Ya I'm coming home
and thinking to myself along the way
I'm gonna be on time this time

Cuz i don't want to
see your sad face pouting
the dinner's gotten cold
and you're not warming
up to me tonight

Such a sad sad face
you've turned that smile
you always had upside down
I've been working much too late
and now you're feeling all alone

It's another crazy day
laid down before me
i can't help but watch the clock
not wanting to disappoint

Time moves so slow
when you watch it go
and then it flies away so fast
ya before you know

It's been the past
and it's been the present
it's the future
that we can't tell

Hope for the best
that's all we can do
that's all we can do

Now you say you've
had it way up to here
you can't survive not knowing
if our love will prevail

Baby can't you see
get your head out of the clouds
every thing that i do
i do it for you
ya i do it for you

Working past daylight
I'm coming home to you
my fingers bleeding to the bone
and when i get home
you're not even there

the lights are off
all your stuff is gone
the place is empty
not even a courtesy note
you couldn't even wait
to say goodbye
there's only echos off the walls

You even turned the phone off ?
just how am i supposed to call you ?
you know i got a lot to say
like uh...wheres my laundry ?
wheres my clothes ?
where's the dogs bowl ?
how much do i feed the cat ?
when is the rent due ?
my credit cards are maxed ?
wheres all that food we bought
just the other day ?
where's the rest of my paycheck ?

Hey you're not fooling anyone
you ain't coming back
you plan to stay gone don't you

Well fancy that..hope he's worth it
hope he's late to all your dates
hope he's late to all your dinners
late all those fancy parties you want to go to

Your food wasn't all that great anyways
why do you think i was always working overtime
you almost burnt the house down one time
come to think about it
how come all those firemen knew your name ?

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 9/9/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment