These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How Can I Be A Man


How many times are you gonna listen to him
when all he spells out for you is your doom
ya it's me I'm the one that listens to all your pain
and it hurts me so knowing there's nothing I can do

Maybe one day... ya I hope and pray
you'll open up those beautiful eyes
and see what's been right here all along

But it's all just been a dream on my part
hoping to share my heart and love
with someone who won't break apart
from the very thing that's killing them

How do I carry this burden you've given me
would it be right to right your wrongs
and if i did how could you look at me

Knowing I was the one
who set you free from harm

Oh I stand to lose everything
what I believe and what I've learned
in my heart and my soul

I know I'll be the one
cast aside for what I know

So where do I go from here
wanting to be your friend
wanting something more

And how can I be a man
knowing what it is that you endure
how is it that he can be so much less
and still somehow keep you to himself

Tears flow whenever you come by
filling the sorrow in my heart
I'm compelled to try and save you
even though the signs tell me not to do so

Am I the knight in shining armor
will you see me mount my mighty steed

Will I dare to save your honor
will I force my style of steel
will I do it for myself
or will I do it...just for you

Just for you Darling
Just for you my Baby
just for you my Honey Child
just for the sake of it
no just for the one I love

Just for the one I love
just for the one I love
Just for the one I love

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 3/37/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment