These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Monday, March 25, 2013

Can't Keep a Good Cheater Down


came home last to the shades drawn low
the music blaring and the lights still on
i tried the front door but i couldn't get in

I looked through all the windows
but i couldn't see you anywhere
you were nowhere around

then i heard your voice talking
as i was headed for the back door

talking in whispers
you were saying to someone
that you had to go

sometimes i wish
that i never brought you along
the first time should been enough
for me to know

you can't keep a cheater down
they'll promise you anything
before they'll sneak out on the town

i didn't want to admit it
i didn't want to be the one
who let you down

but the tide turned on me
i was the fool for believing in you
and now i nearly drowned

i see you huddling in the corner
when you make your plans
somehow there's never enough
even when you hold it in your hands

you know i heard your voice talking
as i was headed for the back door

you were talking in whispers
you were saying something to someone
that you had to go

sometimes i wish in my heart
that i never brought you along
the first time should been enough
for me to know cheating's in your soul

and i should of known
you can't keep a good cheater down
they'll always promise you anything
before they'll sneak out on the town

I came home tonight to the shades drawn low
the music wasn't blaring and the lights were off
i tried the my key in the front door
turned on the lights and everything's gone

not even a note...saying good bye
nothing about you're slightly sorry
for killing our only child
now i don't even think
that it was mine

you just ran away baby
now you're staying with him

i should of guessed when i first met you
honey
your beauty surpasses the evil in you

you know how to cut them deep
you know how to take them for a fool

No comments:

Post a Comment