These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Stop, Look and Listen


Freedom is just a word
that in school they made me learn
they thought they would teach me
the very thing to keep me in my place
but they didn't count on my independent streak
no they never seen me coming on
cuz I'm not the one to become their slave
the corporates and the government
can stick it where it never shines
cuz all of us we're not blind
we see their bullshit all of the time
they think we are all weak in the knees
just because we're all waiting
for some one we can all truly believe
but now we're ready to become strong
holding hands on White House lawns
trying to make ourselves be heard
we have them in our sights you see
and we're gonna hold them accountable
yeah, each and every one of them
for all our nation's spiraled downfall
all just for their own greed
how is it possible to ignore the families
their the ones that make up this proud land
they're the back bone of American society
cold and hungry in the dark and all alone
while those politicians are all snuggled up
on tax payer's sweat and dreams or subsidies
they snub their high and mighty nose
looking down at us like some feral anonymity
so my friend stand up and try to take control
vote to take away their political longevity
cut their terms to be the same as a Presidents
do away with dirty disgusting lobbyist
make it illegal to pork belly a bill will evil intent
stop corporates tax write offs
that don't put equal shares back in schools and this nation
everything from now on should be a forward motion
feed the hungry and future prosperity for every one
help clean the dirt from sad and lonely faces
please stand up for your fellow human
and demand that they stop, look and listen !

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 2/27/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment