These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lost On the Wrong Road

I woke this morning to find you have gone
the only sign that you were even here
was the tears on the pillow left beside me
and the smell of your perfume

Until this day I still do not even know
what it was that I did or what I said
that made you hold it in and run away
not to say one word of good bye

Sometimes things are harder to say
that the actions one leaves behind
to tell the tale of love lost to a dream
gone astray somehow it simply drifted away

Tracking the past will only hold you back
letting go doesn't ever seem to make it easier
there's still a hole where that love was supposed to grow
what will it take to fill this lonely heart in

Just another day that I hope and pray
for someone new to love and love me
wondering how do I stand in their eyes
when they won't even see me for who I am

What does this life provide filled with emptiness
the darkness seems to run right over me
when clouds of rain follow my every footstep
how can I find the shelter built just for me

Walking down the line it's hard to follow
when the dotted line starts to fade away
makes one wonder if the is the way to go
there's no directions to really know

Could I be lost on the wrong road
how do I find a way to turn around
if I listen to my heart when it cries
I'll just get in deep and be fooled again

So help me if you can to try and be the man
the one you hold so dear to your soul
guide me when I'm down when I'm on the ground
here at your feet pleading for you to not let me go

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 11/28/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment