These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Sunday, December 11, 2011

If I HAD ONE WISH


 Last night in my dream
I could see you by my side again

And in that dream
I almost couldn't remember your name
All this time that's past between us
Has got me losing your face in the crowd

Funny how life seems to treat us all
Even the best plans get swept away
I never wanted it to be this way
And I can’t even tell you how I feel

If I had one wish upon a star
I would change everything to have you near
I would make the sun shine on you
And two of us would be so happy dear

But it is what it is and I can’t change that now
Lost to us the bond that that would have been
The greatest treasure I would have ever known
The only thing left to me is the memory of back then

When we use to laugh and play
Holding hands and reading story books before you went to bed
The laughter on your face in the simplest of things
The innocence now lost to time and space
Every night I cry knowing this is not the way

How cruel a joke to play on me
Tearing away forever a piece of my heart
Somehow I knew you were going to do this from the start
It should be a crime to do this to anyone
Breaking the bond from father and daughters hearts

(By Roelin Davis 12/11/2011 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment