These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Done is Done


I wasn't lonely until you left me
not a challenge i wanted to take
i thought everything was peaches and cream
now i know it was all just a dream

When you get hot... i get cold
they all didn't have a clue.. about what i know
you keep appearances until we close the door
then you light in until you know i'm sore

This is no way for a man to live
looking over my shoulder everywhere i go
there's no peace of mind in my mind
and my heart... well it yearns for love

You're so discontent with yourself
so you have to track me down
you've chased away...all of my friends
you've made me the loneliest person
in this one horse town

But i tried to ride it out
hoping that time can heal
that something would break loose
break your ice so that you can feel

When you get hot... i get cold
they all don't have a clue.. about what i know
you keep appearances until we close the door
then you light in until you know i'm sore

And the Lord knows who's to blame
when the fire turns into a flickered flame
no one wants to be the first to let go
but done is done and there's no looking back

This is no way for a man to live
my heart... well it still yearns for love
i just want to be loved
there's no one in sight for me

Is this supposed to be my destiny
to always be hungry for love
these two hands forever empty
with nothing to hold
with nothing to call my own

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 6/4/2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment