These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Just One More Day


When should your heart and mind finally give up on pretending there's hope for closure and final reconciliation from being the non-custodial parent, outcast, thrown away like an unwanted piece of plastic. shunned and ridiculed, made to blame, lied about, brainwashed from, constant doubt, fear, loneliness, then the bitterness hits harder, sought out, singled out, disciplined, discriminated upon, mentally pissed upon. starved, homeless, no transportation, this one belonging held to my chest at night. a worn out piece of light, an image burned within, wrinkled from time, still there's the hope when unfolded one still sees. clinging, frantic, don't take it away, it's mine...it's mine..it's all that's left..time to die..time to sleep my finally sleep. i will await...i will await..to see you when you come through the gates..and then we will finally be together again. come hold my hand..walk with me, let me finally hear your voice..hear me now..I've always loved you but you never knew. because of them..because of them. they didn't want you to learn the truth, because you might never forgive them for what they've done. they lied to you...they lied to you...they told you that i was the one that left you, that i didn't love you. that i was the boogie man. the one to worry about. but they were the one's that let you down. they kept me away for fear that they would have to explain the reasons why they made me an outcast, thrown away like an unwanted piece of plastic. shunned and ridiculed, made to blame, lied about, brainwashed from, constant doubt, fear, loneliness, then the bitterness hits harder, sought out, singled out, disciplined, discriminated upon, mentally pissed upon. starved, homeless, no transportation, this one belonging held to my chest at night. a worn out piece of light, an image burned within, wrinkled from time, still there's the hope when unfolded one still sees. clinging, frantic, don't take it away, it's mine...it's mine..it's all that's left. i hope i can wake up in the morning and make it through another day.. repeat the hope..repeat the hope...repeat the hope..just for one more day.

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 6/9/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment