These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Looking and Searching for Love

I lived my life running around, looking for love
hoping some day it would find me, save me from myself
oh and when I thought I found it or it found me
I would jump right in, always hoping for the best
but it would always, always seem to slowly ravel away

Ya.. all I ever, ever wanted and dreamed of
was someone's shoulder to lay my head upon
just seems like all I ever get is someone who
always brings me down and steals my heart away
I just hope and pray someday, I'll find the one

Day by day each and every one filled with heartache
hoping and praying for that special someone
to cross my path and return to me everything that I lost
pain and despair are my only friends, no one to hold my hand
guide me now, show me how, show me there is still some hope
worth my trying to steal some chance, that tomorrow will be a brighter day

You live your life hoping that tomorrow
tomorrow will be a brighter day, wash your fears away
the cold of night is a lonely mistress, a lonely mistress
she don't care if your warm, she'll steal your life
if you don't take care, take care of yourself, cuz you're the only one
the only one, that can hold on, just for one more day

They come and go, the winds of change are hollering, they're calling to you
wanting you to feel their pain, they want to lie down next to you
cold as hell, warm to the touch, but freezing you, freezing you to your core
you need love, you need it now, you need someone that wants to care
you need someone that wants to care, care about you and how you are

So again, you jump right in, hoping for the best to mature
will this be the last, the last time you'll have to pass the test
the test of love, will you make it through another day
another day, another night, will she help unfreeze your frozen heart
all you want, all you're doing, is looking and searching for love

(By Roelin Davis all rights reserved 9/6/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment