These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Friday, May 18, 2012

Adolescent Hate

I don't think that I can understand it
this attitude that you keep having
no I'm not the kind that usually complains
but the way you act sometimes drive us all insane
we're filled up to the brim until we're overflowing
your mental disposition is really quite atrocious
you act as if the entire world simply owes you
some sort of retribution for the day you were born to us
you can't comprehend it's you that we should sue
when you carry on the way you do
yes there are times when you can be a dear
but it doesn't make up for the times of anger
when it's you who always blows your top striking fear
now we all have tried to to you one on one
but you hate us when we interrupt your fun
you say you can't stop because there is no pause
you ignore all requests from your family and friends
to hell with unruly responsibilities or chores
because you say there is no written clause
if only we could regulate what is that makes you hate
this world would the benefactor from the score
perhaps it is all our fault for the way we propagate
this land of luxury that guards the way you instigate
you have no heart for the things that you take
expecting us to automatically replace
we were the fools for letting society make the rules
that keeps from beating your behind
with the tools on hand that would of made you mind
so now we live with a fiend that is irreversibly cruel
who are you who thinks they rule the roost
what got in your silly mind to be so unkind
at what age did you lose your cool
who told you this was the way to act to get your way
I know now i was the fool for wanting you to have a better life
than the one i had to live or your grandparents before they died
but you don't care or understand your best friend is a video game
today you become eighteen I'm so worried how you will survive
somehow you make me feel I'm the one that let you down
so wrapped up in your self-conceit looking at us like we're lame
you don't even know or care when we cry for you..it's true
in the end you force our hand in order to make a stand
to try and make you realize the facts and actions from your lies
you can't run from reality when it's starring you in the face
it hurts me to throw you in but it's now the way to learn your lesson
tough love is the last reprieve that your going to see
we have to turn our backs in order to get you to believe
I hope that one day when you grow up
you'll understand your actions and demands until today
were and are the consequences that you reaped

(by Roelin Davis 5/18/2012 all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment