These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Price We Pay


What if i could...throw it all away
just one final push...all i need
would you even...pray for me

And although i can barely hear
i would try to focus
on your selfish demand
asking me to come right back

I've tried so many times
banged my head and fists on the walls
too much going on
filling up so fast I'm in overflow

Can't contain the mess
my world as i know it
is so out of control
can't catch myself looking in

Don't know where I've been
when i wake up on the floor
don't even know this person
looking back at me in the mirror

Is there any retribution
for this life i have to live
is there some sort of redirection
steering towards my promised land

I look into your eyes
how can i ask for forgiveness
when I'm the one to blame
shown my weakness for all to see

No i can't blame you
turn your head and look the other way
pretend I'm not in your presence
our hearts and heartache

It's the price we pay

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 4/7/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment