These are my original poems,song lyrics and short stories made and constructed by me. If you are a professional and would like to use my material, please feel free contact me. I hope you will enjoy them. the thoughts behind them all have specific purpose and others a line of thought from my imagination. Some have said i have lost "it" but I say " there's been no real attempt to find it "

Saturday, June 8, 2013

That's What I Gotta Believe


I know my time has come
this i know is true
spent too many days
trying to make it come true
this life i lead
makes it tough to believe
anything else is merely mute

And i roll on down the road
some loose change is all i own
living my life day by day
taking what i can as it lays
the danger's ever close
no time for me to stay

And so i roll on down the road
the clothes on my back is all i own
the smell and the stench
is the love that I've ever known
don't know how much more i can take
but i can't afford to make mistakes

And so i roll on down this road
I'm looking for love in the wrong place
i can't shake her face in my dreams
it's gonna haunt me forever it seems
dragging the truth out always hurts
the heartache will always burn

And so here i am out on the road again
chasing the the sun just for fun
trying to get as far away as i can
maybe it's better this a way
you don't need anyone like me
at least that's what i gotta believe

She had the hair so silky and streamed
she had this thing she could make you believe
she had a way to work herself in
she had an undying and understanding love
she died when she was way too young
she's always there in the middle of my dreams
and then she's gone when i finally wake up

(by Roelin Davis all rights reserved 6/8/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment